Applications are invited for British Council India 70th Anniversary Scholarships held at UK institutions. Indian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The aim of the British Council India 70th Anniversary Scholarship is to support Sustainable Development Goal to achieve gender equality and empower women and girls, women who are likely to become leaders in their fields over the next twenty years; and women who will be ambassadors for the educational relationship between Britain and India and who will help tell this story promoting it to prospective student in India.
The British Council is a British organization specializing in international cultural and educational opportunities. It works in over 100 countries. The British Council is a charity registered in England and Wales and Scotland and is governed by Royal Charter.
- Application Deadline: Deadline for UK higher education institutions to submit nominations: Monday, February 5, 2018. Deadline for nominated candidates to submit applications: Monday, February 12, 2018.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study STEM subject.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover tuition fees only up to a ceiling of £30,000 for Master’s programme in the UK on STEM subjects that start from September or October 2018. Tuition fee over and above the scholarship allocation, living, and other related expenses will be borne by the candidate or their sponsor.
- Nationality: Indian students
- Number of Scholarships: Nominate up to five candidates who meet the above criteria and have secured admission for a Masters’ programme in STEM subjects at your institution by Monday 5 February 2018.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Indian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicable only for women and girls
- Be an Indian national and possess a valid Indian passport
- Have an excellent academic and extracurricular track record
- Secured a formal offer for a Master’s programme in a STEM subject
English Language Requirements: Applicant should have obtained an IELTS score of 6 as a requirement for applying. Higher levels of language proficiency required by the potential host university shall take precedent (presuming they are at least a minimum of IELTS score of 6).
How to Apply: Completed application form should be emailed by the nominated candidates to bcindia.scholarships-at-britishcouncil.org by Monday 12 February 2018.