Applications are invited for Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for Junior and Senior Researchers. This grant is open for Indonesian scholars who hold a doctoral degree and intend to carry out research for three to six months in the US.
The aim of the programme is to strengthen the bond between Indonesia and USA.
The Fulbright Program, sponsored by the US government, plays a prominent role in the international education system.
Course Level: The programme is available to pursue research.
Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The Fulbright award covers the expenses of your study excluding the research. Usually, students can apply for and receive funds from their US university, for instance as a Teaching Assistant or Research Assistant, and there are a number of other small grants provided by universities and other research donors to support dissertation research.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be Indonesian citizens and not permanent residents of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically conduct research in the US
Nationality: Indonesian applicants are eligible for the programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a doctoral (PhD) or equivalent degree
English Language Requirement: Applicants must demonstrate sufficient English-language proficiency to conduct research in the US (not necessary to submit a TOEFL score)
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- Completed application form, including 10-15-page research proposal
- Two letters of reference
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- Copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport)
- Curriculum vitae
- Candidates should complete the application form, which can be downloaded below, and submit it and support documents in hard copy
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 1, 2017.